1. PLACE THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTS LISTED BELOW IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.
2. The Quebec government created Crown corporations such as the Caisse de dépôt et placement, the Société générale de financement, and Sidbec.
3. The Quebec government under Robert Bourassa began building the James Bay hydroelectric project in order to meet Québec's energy needs and export surplus energy to the United States.
ARRANGE THE FOLLOWING EVENTS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.
2. The Meech Lake Accord, which recognized Quebec as a distinct society, was not ratified.
3. The Canadian constitution was patriated, despite the objections of Quebec's National Assembly.
3. PLACE THE FOLLOWING FOUR SETS OF EVENTS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.
The October Crisis
The War Measures Act
The emergence of parties seeking political independence
The rise of the Front de libération du Québec (F.L.Q.)
The adoption of the Charter of the French Language (Bill 101)
The referendum on sovereignty-association
Patriation of the Canadian constitution despite the objections of Quebec's National Assembly
Defeat of the Meech Lake Accord, which recognized Quebec as a distinct society
4. The items below characterize Quebec society at different stages since World War II.
PLACE THESE THREE STAGES IN CHONOLOGICAL ORDER.
The creation of the ministère de l'Éducation
2. The October Crisis
Major strikes in the mining and textile industries
ASSOCIATE EACH OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH THE APPROPRIATE PREMIER.
2. The adoption fo the Charter of the French Language (Law 101)
3. The creation of the Ministry of Education
4. The referendum on sovereignty - association
5. The nationalization of hydro-electric power
6. The October Crisis
ROBERT BOURASSA (1970-1976) : ______ and _____
RENÉ LÉVESQUE (1976-1985) :
______ and _____
6. The events below illustrate the confrontations between the federal government and Quebec's premier Maurice Duplessis.
7.WHICH TWO EVENTS TOOK PLACE DURING THE QUIET REVOLUTION ?
2. The government completed the James Bay hydro-electric project.
3. The government won an election on the issue of nationalization of electricity.
4. The government created the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Quebec.
5. The government set down five conditions for the ratification of the Meech Lake Accord.
6. The government asked Ottawa to send in the army during the October crisis.
8. During the last 30 years, successive Quebec governments have passed laws relating to a major issue affecting all of the people of Quebec.
WHAT IS THIS GREAT DEBATE ABOUT? ______________________
9. Three of the following characteristics describe the Duplessis era.
MATCH EACH OF THE DOCUMENTS BELOW WITH ITS CORRECT CHARACTERISTIC.
Agriculture is the principal factor of our economy's stability. It is society's guarantee of peace and security
Document 1 _____________________________________
10. The Second World War had a number of repercussions on Canadian
DOCUMENTS _____ and _____.
5. JEAN LESAGE (1960-1966): 3 and 5
ROBERT BOURASSA (1970-1976): 1 and 6
RENÉ LÉVESQUE (1976-1985): 2 and 4
7. 3 and 4
8. The status of the French language
9. Document 1: Idealization of rural life