A) the expansion of the territory of New France
B) the establishment of farming areas
C) the substantial increase in trade with the English colonies
D) the search for a route to Asia
2. WHICH THREE OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS RELATE TO THE FUR
AS IT WAS CARRIED OUT IN NORTH AMERICA?
1. The fur trade provoked military confrontations between the French,
the English and their allies.
2. The fur trade was controlled by chartered companies who obtained a monopoly in return for fulfilling
3. The fur trade favoured the development of agriculture.
4. The Amerindians became wealthy as a result of their participation in the fur trade.
5. The fur trade led to the expansion of the colony's territory.
6. As a result of the fur trade, New France had a rich and diversified economy.
A) 1, 2
C) 2, 4
B) 1, 3 and 6 D) 3, 4 and 5
3. WHY DID NEW FRANCE EXPAND ITS TERRITORY?
A) To convert as many Amerindians as possible to
B) To find new sources of gold and silver
C) To find new land for settlers
D) To find new land to supply the fur trade
TRY THE FOLLOWING SYNTHESIS TYPE QUESTIONS DEALING WITH MODULE 1.